Our Association was originally incorporated in 1948 as the Santa Ana Police Benevolent Association. As its name implied, the main purpose of the Association was to provide officers with an opportunity to socialize and share job related stories. A ‘flower fund’ was established to provide assistance to our officers and their families in times of catastrophic need.
Over the years the loosely knit fabric of this association came together as an elected Board of Directors, and was given the task of leading this association into the role of a full service employee organization. In 1983 our members chose to change the position of Association President to one of full time release from police department duties. With this change the Association President could now focus his attention entirely to the needs of the members and the task of leading the Association through the necessary changes it would encounter in the future.